Friday, September 24, 2010

staying busy...

I have done a few projects around the house to keep busy, and because i just liked them and thought they would add a little to our apartment. Here are a few...

I saw the idea for a Alphabet wall on someone's blog and thought it was such a good idea for a childs room. I changed it to what i wanted, and decorated them all different so the letters would catch Blake's interest. I made this before i found out i was having a girl, but at the time i didn't know so i made sure to make it gender neutral, and luckily i did!
When i had blake i had the hardest time finding crib bedding that i liked so i decided to just make some! It was quite the task since i don't sew very often but it was fun! I finished the bumper and the bed skirt a long time ago, but just recently finished the quilt. Its been put together i just was waiting for it to be quilted and then i had a good friend teach me to bind it. The binding was super intimidating but when i finally started doing it, it was so easy! and actually kind of fun!
Here is a close up of the fabric i used.
Here is my Halloween Trick-or-Treat banner!!! When i finished it was my very first halloween decoration up. I saw something similar on potterybarn's halloween decor and thought it was so cute but slightly over priced:) so i decided to just make one it didn't look too hard and it wasn't! I called a few friends to see if they wanted to do them with me and they did. We each did a banner but all of them are decorated differently to our own personal taste. They all turned out so cute and it was so fun to do with everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Ok how cute are you! Next time you come maybe we should have a craft day. I wish I could be this creative and cutesy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Those are all sooo awesome. I LOVE the alphabet! I saw the "trick or treat" on the Bird's blog and totally thought that you were the one who suggested it! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY I just read your comment on my blog and I'm so excited! Maybe we could go to lunch with our moms on the 12th for our birthdays! And you're right, Aiden and Blake will have so much fun together. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete