Sunday, February 6, 2011

new baby girl

Emma is now 10 days old and i am finally getting around to blogging. I forgot how tiring a newborn is, even with my moms help! I had a great labor and delivery, and everything went smoothly. Everyone told me the second child was easier but i didn't believe them...now i do! I woke up thursday morning about 4 am and i didn't know what woke me up, so i used the restroom and laid back down and about a min. later i had the worst contraction i'd had so far. I laid their hoping that was a real contraction and 7 min later another one came. so i waited half an hour till i woke tanner and during that time i had, had more contractions, 7 min apart. When i woke tanner it was about 4:40 and he said he would time them for me. Over the next hour they came stronger and closer together, 4 to 7 min apart. so, 6am we left for the hospital! we were both so nervous since with blake i got sent home twice before i was admitted. Of course the whole ride to the hospital, 20 min away, i only had one contraction. That made me nervous cause they hurt and i didn't want to go home!!! when we got to the hospital i told the nurse how i had a long labor with blake and i was really nervous. she said they would keep me for two hours to see if i would make any progress. the first hour they monitored the heart beat and the second i walked around. after two hours i went from being dilated 1 1/2 to a 4!!! I was admitted!!! I didn't get to my delivery room till about 9:15 and they went and got the anesthesiologist right away. I got my epidural, thank heavens, right away and they gave me pitocin to regulate the contractions. This was about 10 am. I wasn't able to fall asleep but i was so relaxed i felt good! A little after 1pm she came and checked and i was dilated a 7 she said to let her know when i felt like i needed to push. She left and the next contraction i felt like i needed to push. i waited three contractions and i definitely needed to push. i called the nurse back in and she called my doc. Dr. buck took longer then expected to get to the hospital and i had to hold my legs together cause emma was ready to get out. My doc arrived and i only had to push for under 10 min. and she was born! Born at 1:49pm on 1-27-11, Emma Eliza Barratt was 7lbs 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches.

Here i am at 39 weeks
We forgot the camera at home so the only pics we have of the day she was born is on tanners ipod and phone. So this is a pic of the next day, 1-28-11.
Here is grandma, toda, with both of her grandkids.
blake wasn't too sure about the hospital.

My first picture with Emma 1-28-11

Emma has big cheeks and a round head cause she came out so quick!
Picture with dad right before we went home!
She is so little in the car seat!
look at those cheeks!
She is a thumb sucker, she must have done that in my belly! Its been so fun having her home! I think blake likes her and gets sad when she is sad. She was crying and blake ran around the house trying to find a bottle for her so she wouldn't be sad! so cute! He also likes to push her on the swing but we have to keep a close watch cause he likes to push her high!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i just love that last one of you holding her while she sucks her thumb!!! What a beautiful little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt she is so sweet! That's darling that Blake is sad when she is sad! And guess what? I can totally see Tanner in her in the picture of him holding her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you guys she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little cutie, i love that she sucks her thumb. How fun for you guys. I really loved having my boys so close together. your going to have so much fun. love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so sweet! Congrats you guys. We're so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Brittany! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete