Monday, February 22, 2010

Blake Crawled!

So i finially have some things to write about and now my computer is going crazy! im so bummed but im going to bring it to the mac store today and see if they can fix it. Meanwhile im using another computer in the house to catch up a little, but unfortunatly that means no pic. so i guess you will have to use your imagination... like the old days.

Im going to start with the most exciting news. BLAKE CRAWLED a little bit on saturday! We were sitting on the grass out side and he made two little crawls forward! It was so exciting! but thats all he's done since then. He makes his way around very well by skooting but mostly by rolling and crawing backwards and sideways. He is all over the place! He can pull himself up to his knees and sometimes one foot while playing with his toys. He has also started to wave bye-bye, but only sometimes.

Blake and I just got back from NY where we were visiting family and working on getting a status card. Overall it was a good trip, Blake did so good on the flight out there, he was held the entire time by my mom or other family, and we got started on getting our status cards ( a card given by the trib stating we are actually Native American). It was fun to see family that i haven't seen for years and my cousin Taryn just had her baby so we got to see the cutest little guy, who was only 5lbs (month early). It was like holding air compared to Blake.

There was a few hard parts of the trip though. I love to see my mom so it was sad saying goodbye at the airport especially since Blake is her only grandbaby so she misses him like crazy. Blake was not the easiest on the way home either. Our last flight was 3hrs and 40min. and he slept for about 30 min of that and the rest of the time he whined. I think it was his ears and perhaps just sick of traveling. It was also a disappointment because i thought/hoping with all my heart that i would only have to make the one trip but the tribe needs us to come back in 3-4 weeks to finish up. Its just a hard trip to make with a baby. It is also hard to be away from tanner for that long. He is my best friend. Blake went crazy when we got back and he saw his dad walking up to him in the airport. Blake is such a daddys boy!

3 comments:

  1. yeah blake a roo!!! Our mac crashed and all my pics were on it!!!! We dont know yet if we can ger them back with out it costing up to 4g!!!! Seriously!! so how was new york!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I've been wondering about him and I keep meaning to call you but it just hasn't happened yet. Aiden is just starting to try to pull his knees underneath him...I think...so maybe it won't be too long until he tries to copy Blake. I miss you guys! Did you tell me it's March you come next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! Cody told me you have to go back...lame! Way to go on crawling Blake...next thing you know he is going to be running around like a mad man!

    ReplyDelete