Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines Day Surprise

This year for Valentines day i will be on an air plane headed for New York to get my status card. Tanner so kindly reminded me that if he were to pull something like that i would... well i wouldn't let him pull something like that. I love happy heart day! I just as kindly reminded him that Valentines is not his favorite holiday and even if it was he probably wouldn't care anyway. Plus its more important that i can prove my American citizenship with a status card then be here on February 14th, We would have celebrated it a day early anyway since it falls on a sunday.

Today when i got home from cub scouts, which was, like always, ever so wearing, there was a card waiting for me on our bed. It said, "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, If you want your Valentines gift follow the Clue."

"Where would you go if your vehicle were in a state of emergency?"

I am horrible at riddles so i looked at Tanner and said, "well i would turn to you or my phone to call someone." Tanner responded with, "Well im not there and neither is your phone." With a little more prodding i headed for the car. First searched the glove compartment, but found the next clue in the trunk.

Taped to his Ipod it said, "for your next clue, press play," and the rocky theme song was playing (anyone who knows tanner knows that this was not strange at all).

I searched all the rocky movies in the house, then remembered that we have a little rocky action figure in our shower (awkward?... no, just a long story).

Rocky was holding my next clue, "Where can Christmas be found all year around?"

After a small discussion and some more prodding in the right direction (im telling you i am horrible at riddles) i went to the Christmas closet, and found my gift!

We are going to Dinner at Bandera, Then to a movie to see 'Valentines Day' (how appropriate) then staying the night in Scottsdale, Az at a Hotel. And we are doing all of this on fri-sat. It sounds so fun! I am so excited! I love going to Dinner and a Movie its my favorite date and then to stay in a hotel like we are on vacation with a new bed, room service and nothing familiar. I can't wait, tanner is the best!

2 comments:

  1. That's SO cute! Haha, LOVE that Rocky was in there too! :D Glad to hear your doing well! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you didn't answer when I called on Friday afternoon! Ha! That is so much fun...can't wait to hear the Rocky in the shower story...SOOOO Tanner!

    ReplyDelete